Blondie's Blog

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack... And you may ask yourself- well...how did I get here?

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Rested

This weekend has been wonderful. Mostly, I am useless most weekends because I stay out too late and drink way too many brews. But I abstained all weekend long, and aside from the shaking, twitching and night sweats, it's actually been kinda refreshing. Not to mention, class started back up again yesterday. And 8:30 is mighty early for a Saturday morning, but I find that If I'm a good girl on Friday night, I am actually pretty productive on Saturdays.

Friday was particularly great, Anthony was away at camp for the night and I made plans with myself to grab some sushi and hold the remote control ALL NIGHT LONG. No interruptions for crappy HGTV or any other home improvement shows, just good old TIVO action, trying to catch up on shows I have had saved for over 3 weeks.

As I mentioned before, I did the sushi thing on Friday night. Now, most people turn their nose up when they hear the word sushi, but I gotta tell ya, it's my new obsession. My cousin got me to try it in December and ever since I have had a steady diet of it, at least twice a week. Now, I haven't graduated to the actual raw fish variety of sushi. No, I partake in the chicken or shrimp variety and as far as I know, it's probably illegal to serve that up raw. I urge people who are turned off because of the raw thing to give it a try. I buy it directly from Wegmann's.

The Academy Awards are tonight, I am usually not one to watch the entire thing but I just may watch tonight. Jon Stewart is always good and I am actually rooting for "Crash" to take home the big awards and give a good old bitch slap to a couple of cowboys. I thought "Crash" was excellent and a good comeback story for a cool 80's actor, Matt Dillon (Dally to those of you who are old enough to remember 'The Outsiders').

1 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Blondie said…

    I've had it at the Papermoon before and yes, it was wonderful. A friend of Anthony's married a gal from Japan and brought her back to good 'ole Erie, she worked at the Papermoon as their head sushi chef until recently. But we also just had a new Japanese steak house open within the last month or so, it's kinda like a cleaned up version of Hibachi. I wish I could remember the name... it's right outside the mall where Chi Chi's used to infect people with Hepatitus.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home