Blondie's Blog

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack... And you may ask yourself- well...how did I get here?

Friday, February 17, 2006

Your KISS is on my list...

Today in the Erie Times News there was an article written by Dr. Rock counting down his top ten worst songs of all time. You may not know this yet, but you'll soon learn, I am fond of lists. Countdown lists. Count-up lists. To-do lists. Jenn List. I love me some lists. But I digress, Dr. Rock's list contained several songs I have never heard of, but they did cite a recent poll of the worst songs of all time as voted by Erie Times readers. And in true Erie Time style, the list does not countdown in descending order. It goes something like this:

1. Starship, "We Built This City" Tie for No. 1 with 11 percent
2. Billy Ray Cyrus, "Achy Breaky Heart" Tie for No. 1 with 11 percent
(What, the mullet didn't tip you off?)
3. Wang Chung, "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" 4 percent
(Ok, maybe. But 'Dance Halls Days' is still classic in my book)
4. Limp Bizkit, "Rollin' Urban Assault Vehicle" 8 percent
5. Vanilla Ice, "Ice Ice Baby" 7 percent
(I can sing every single lyric of this song. I think everyone in my 7th grade class can too.)
6. Deep Blue Something, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" 3 percent
(I kinda like this song. I used to sing it to my BFF Tiffany in high school when she would feed me toast after binge drinking)
7. Eddie Murphy, "Party All the Time" 1 percent
(This is right up there with "Dancing on the Ceiling", remember that video!?)
8. Ricky Martin, "She Bangs" 8 percent
(Somewhere William Hung is really pissed off)
9. Bobby McFerrin, "Don't Worry, Be Happy" 6 percent
(This makes my list too.)
10. Huey Lewis, "Heart of Rock and Roll" 1 percent
11. Gerardo, "Rico Suave" 4 percent
(It was a bad day for Meneudo alumni)
12. New Kids on the Block, "Hangin' Tough" 5 percent
13. Aqua, "Barbie Girl" 10 percent
(Uh, shouldn't this be number 2 with 10 percent?)
14. Will Smith, "Will 2K" 4 percent
15. Crash Test Dummies, "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" 6 percent
(Just bad.)
16. Europe, "The Final Countdown" 3 percent
(That's only because Tawny Kitean wasn't in the video)
17. Right Said Fred, "I'm Too Sexy" 5 percent
18. Hammer, "Pumps and a Bump" 1 percent
19. Chicago, "You're the Inspiration" 0 percent
(Ok Times, ZERO PERCENT? Why is it on the list if nobody voted for it?)
20. Toby Keith, "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" 4 percent

I think Erie reader's have made some serious ommissions. The fact that any Journey song didn't make the cut, well that's just wrong. I'm gonna throw in a few of my own additions and hopefully I will include your favorite song on my list so I can get my first nasty-gram.

In no particular order:

"Stand" R.E.M.

"Life is a Highway" Some Chode

"Everything I do, I do it for you" Bryan Adams

"Beth" KISS

"Rock n' Roll Pt.1" Gary Glitter

"Opposites Attract" Paula Abdul

"Give Me One Good Reason" Tracy Chapman

"Believe" Cher

"When I see you Smile" Bad English (really bad english if you ask me)

"Land of Confusion" Genesis (hate the song, hated the video)

Just about anything by Creed and/or Journey


Ok, that's enough to keep me going for a while. I'm sure I will think of a few more as time goes on, but I think I've hit most of the important ones.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay! i love me some lists too ;)

    i think just about any love ballad from a hair band in the 80's coulda made the list... BUT they are so bad that i LOVE them. in fact, i can't stop listening to my hairband channel on my satellite radio. its pathetic. mr big?!!? WTF??? bad. but i can't help it--i have to sing along to them. but you know what song is getting on my nerves? that stupid laffy taffy crap. i don't even know who the artist is. (if thats what you wanna call him.) and really anything that ashlee simpson does.
    wow...i could really get going on this, so i will stop here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home