Blondie's Blog

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack... And you may ask yourself- well...how did I get here?

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ramblings

Well tonite's the night. Sopranos is back. What's it been? About 14 years? Feels it. I almost ruined it for myself. Apparently, HBO accidentally posted a recap of the entire episode before it even aired! I went to the site like a crazed maniac and read the first sentence, and by some force within that I conjured up I looked away and left the site. First epsiode, UNTAINTED BY ME.

This day has been a total waste for me, hungover like I haven't been in, well at least a couple of weeks. I'm too old for this shit, seriously. I don't bounce back the way I used to. I laid in bed for over 6 hours today and caught up with the TIVO action. Four episodes of "Boston Legal" that I've been stockpiling for just such an occasion. I always forget how much I like that show until I am watching it. I always had the hots for James Spader among many other 80's guys, eh hem Robert Downey jr. . Still hot even after years of tokin' the crack pipe.

So, you may be wondering what's up with the poem in my last post? I am not a big fan of poetry. Yeah it's true. I love to read, but poetry was never my thing. But I've been in this mood lately, I'm taking a class on Existentialism, and no, not because I'm into self mutilation, but because these things just fascinate the shit out of me. If you aren't familiar with Existentialism, in a nutshell, it's the Philosophy that deals with themes such as existence, and what it means to be a rational thinking being. Most people look at it as depressing, but I find it actually to be quite liberating and even cathartic. I know, suit me up for the straightjacket. Hence, the poem.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger JRo said…

    Robert Downey Jr.... drool. people think i'm nuts. drug addict or not, he is hot.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Blondie said…

    Well said Jenn. Well said.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home